Food and beverage maker Lyons Magnus, which advertises as a leader in the foodservice industry, issued a recall Friday for 53 different drinks because they may contain unsafe bacterial contamination, including cronobacter sakazakii.
Cronobacter infections are rare, according to a recall posted on the FDA’s website, and may cause fever, vomiting, or urinary tract infections. But globular bacteria can be dangerous or life-threatening for children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems.
Fifty-three different types of products from 12 different brands were included in the recall, mostly cartons or single sized drinks. Lots of the following types or brands of drinks are included:
- Lions Ready Care (A thick dairy drink in different consistency and 2.0 high-calorie high-protein drink with vanilla, chocolate and butter pecan flavors in 8 or 32 oz.)
- Lions Barista Style (Almond Milk, Coconut & Oats, 32 oz Carton)
- Pirq (vegan protein 32 ml carton sold in vanilla, chocolate, caramel and strawberry flavors)
- The Original Glocerna (8 oz Carton of Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Sold in 24 Cans)
- Aloha (sea salt carton with chocolate, coconut, vanilla and iced coffee)
- Intelligence (cold coffee and oat latte 330 ml carton)
- Kate Farms (Pediatric Standard 1.2 Vanilla Drink 250ml Carton)
- Oatly (Barista version oat milk in a 32-ounce carton)
- Premier Protein (Chocolate, Vanilla, Coffee Latte 330 ml Carton)
- MRE (cookies and cream, milk chocolate, salted caramel and vanilla milkshake 330 ml protein shake)
- Stumptown (cold brew coffee in 325ml cans in original oat milk, oat milk, horchata, oat milk chocolate, chocolate cream and sugar and original cream and sugar flavors)
- Imperial (Med Plus 2.0 Vanilla Nutritional Drink, Med Plus NSA 1.7 Vanilla Nutritional Drink, Med Plus 2.0 Butter Pecan Nutritional Drink and thick dairy drink in different consistency)
According to the summons, no illnesses were reported. But if you recognize any of the brands or drinks on the menu, check the recall for a full list of specific cut-off codes, UPC numbers, and expiration dates for recalled products. If your product information matches what’s on the listing, you must throw it away or return the drink to where you bought it for a refund. Additional questions can be brought to Lyons at 1-800-627-0557 or the company’s website.
The information in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended to provide health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have about a medical condition or health goals.