But I’ll try! OPE WAIT ALL HELL JUST FOKE LOOSE. (That was when Scott Evros traded. Then Josh Hader. The Angels also apparently took Shohei Ohtani out of the market. Padres also extended Joe Musgrove.)
yes. Coming back to trying, and I have to keep this fast…
- As you can sense in his behavior over the past few days, in his hugs last night, and in his comments over the past week, Wilson Contreras has just been he did. No, it’s not over with the Cubs or baseball – I’m done with questions, wondering, worrying and all about the trade deadline. “I just want this to end,” Contreras said after last night’s game, at The Athletic. “If they’re going to trade with me, they’ll trade with me. If they don’t want to trade me, they don’t. But I just want this day to pass and I stay focused on playing baseball. I just want this to end.”
More Contreras on how difficult all this is, via Marquee:
“We’ll see what happens,” Contreras said. “It’s going to be a long day. It’s been a long, long, long week. A long, long month for me. I’m ready for it to be over.”
Sunday saw the 707th match of Contreras dressed as Cubs. He spent almost half of his life – 14 years – in this organization.
The 30-year-old admitted he was a bit distracted by the impending trade deadline.
“It’s tough because any time you have a little bit of free time, your brain is going to gossip,” Contreras said. “I wish it wasn’t, but I wouldn’t lie.”
- Brian made an interesting point about new cup Zach McKinstry, and the player who took his place on the 26-man roster yesterday:
- Hey, Eric Ullman looked great last night. The 26-year-old potential player has dominated Triple-A, and has been quietly with the big league team since the All-Star break. Over the course of two rides last night, he really got things done: a heavy 95-96 mph diver, a surprisingly cool change, and a nasty slider with a ridiculous sideways motion:
- A mindless realization this morning:
- The Rocky Mountains are still really weird. Still upset that Jonathan Gray’s agent helped him…get a better contract than another team? watt: