Jake Paul’s ticket against Hashem Rahman Jr was canceled after Rahman Jr was unable to gain weight

Jake Paul’s upcoming fight scheduled for August 6 in New York has been canceled after his opponent Hasim Rahman Jr. was unable to achieve the agreed weight for the Showtime pay-per-view main event, Paul’s promo announced and Showtime MMA officials confirmed. fighting.

Most Valuable Promotions, which Paul co-owns with business partner Nakiza Bedarian, made the announcement on Saturday after a report from Boxingscene.com initially said the match would be contracted as a 205-pound fight and later reported that it had been cancelled.

The MVP released a statement about the cancellation: “On July 5, Hashim Rahman Jr. signed a match agreement to fight Jack Paul on August 6 at Madison Square Garden with a maximum weight of 200 lbs. At the time of signing, Abdul Rahman provided proof of his weight to grant relief to the most important promotions and the New York State Committee. The athlete said he would lose no more than 10 percent of his weight during the four weeks leading up to the fight.

“Since he reached 216 pounds on July 7, Abdurrahman and his camp have made reassurance after public and private assurances that he was on track to gaining weight on August 5, going so far as to provide a letter signed by a recognized nutritionist that his weight reduction was He is progressing without issue in the required weekly weight checks from the New York State Athletic Commission. In the past 48 hours, it has become apparent that these assurances were not made in good faith.”

Initial requests for comment to representatives of Rahman Jr. were not returned.

According to Paul’s team, the 31-year-old has lost barely any weight, and the team said the son of former heavyweight champion Hashim Rahman later demanded that the fight take place at a completely different weight – or else he wouldn’t compete. This eventually forced Paul to cancel the match and cancel the card, which also appeared with Amanda Serrano in the co-main event.

On Friday, Abdul Rahman submitted a weight check to the New York State Athletic Commission that showed he had lost less than one pound since he was originally signed to fight 24 days earlier. That prompted the commission to announce that it would not be penalized for fighting less than 205 pounds. However, Jake Paul was ready to go ahead with the fight at this new weight and a new contract was sent to Promoter Rahman that reflects a 205-pound limit, and imposes stiff penalties if he fails to gain weight. Upon receiving this new contract on Saturday morning, Abdul Rahman Camp indicated for the first time that He plans to weigh in at 215 pounds at official weight and will not agree to weigh in at 205 pounds and inform most value promos that they are pulling out of the fight unless a 215-pound fight is agreed.

“MVP and Jake Paul will not reward anyone who has acted dishonestly and calculated. Therefore, MVP has been left with no choice but to cancel the August 6 event. This forced outcome affects Jake Paul, Amanda Serrano and every other fighter on this card who has trained tirelessly for the past few months For this event The boxing community must hold Hashim Rahman Jr. responsible for his lack of professionalism. Endless work, time and money has been devoted to building this event and we want to thank our team, Showtime, Madison Square Garden, Holden Boxing and all our partners for their continued support. Above all, we want to We thank our fans for their commitment to athletes and the sport of boxing.”

Paul’s team added that refunds will be issued for all tickets and pay-per-view that have already been sold for the now canceled ticket.

It’s an unfortunate turn of events for Paul, who was originally scheduled to face Tommy Fury on August 6 until the former reality star was denied entry to the United States, and multiple reports have attributed the refusal to the Fury family’s association with alleged criminal figure Daniel Kinahan.

Fury was pulled from the card and replaced with Abdul Rahman, who accepted the contest after suffering a knockout loss to Kenzi Morrison at a previous outing in April.

Now, the card is completely scrapped, and there’s no word on when Paul might compete again.

After the announcement, Paul Rahman criticized his behavior while also issuing an apology to all other fighters affected by the cancellation.

Paul wrote on Twitter: “First Tommy flopped and now Hashem Rahman has collapsed.” “These boxers are the toughest people to work with and consistently lack the professionalism and confidence of my fighters, my apologies to all the other fighters on the card, our partners, our team and the fans.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: