Balu focuses on the title race amid a legal challenge from his team

Alex Ballou may be the first driver in history to race for a team while being sued by that team, and as NTT IndyCar Series champion told the combined media Thursday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he’s ready to deal with the situation he’s created himself by signing with two teams at the same Time while he hopes the judge will allow him to leave Chip Ganassi Racing at the end of the year and work at McLaren Racing.

“Yes, sure,” Baloo said. “There used to be a better weekend to go on. But to be honest, it hasn’t changed much about Toronto. Yeah, now there are lawsuits involved. But to be honest, I think this has been really like writing since the weekend. So not much has changed in Toronto. I wish it was clearly better and I don’t have 15 cameras pointing at me now. But yeah, I can’t change it.”

When asked if he expects the double signature to lead to the lawsuit filed by Ganassi on Monday, or if he thinks a clean separation with CGR will be possible by the time he signed McLaren’s contract, Ballou said, “You always want to keep everyone happy and friendly. But yeah, we can see (it) didn’t work that way.”

Ballou says he has not been isolated within the Ganassi team as a result of the dramas created, but also acknowledged that the team continues to do what is expected by keeping sensitive chassis information away from Honda’s No. 10 driver.

“It’s all like the way we work; at least it was the last weekend, getting ready too.” “Yesterday in the simulator we set up as usual. We obviously didn’t talk much about what we were doing. But I’ve been doing things, and just trying to improve the cars as much as possible for this weekend, not just for me, but for everyone. That’s still the goal.

“The goal is not to be alone in one car and not talk to your teammates. I think that is not in the best interest of the team. And I firmly believe that we can have four cars in the top four.”

Focusing on the task at hand for Saturday’s Indianapolis road race and trying to improve his championship position where he currently sits fourth is where the Spaniard hopes the talks will turn.

Ballou also knows there is little chance of the lawsuit taking a back seat as the season winds down over the next six weeks; His attorney was presented on his behalf earlier in the week and with CGR filing for urgent hearings, the Ganassi driver expects to spend time during the week being dislocated and weekends in the No. 10 car he wants to vacate at the end of the championship.

“I understand it’s not something you’re saying, ‘It’s okay guys, in four months we’ll start everything,'” he said, adding that he and Ganassi haven’t spoken since the lawsuit was filed. “So it’s clearly not the best moment for the championship because we have a lot of consecutive races It will end quickly, as we fight for this championship. But at the same time, as I said, I understand that this must be done quickly. ”

When asked if he thought he would drive a McLaren, Ballou said, “In the family, yes.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: