But Barkley did so on Monday during an interview with Dan Patrick, where he spoke candidly about the possibility of joining the LIV Tour of golf and leaving TNT.
In addition to saying, “Of course it’s about the money” and that LIV should give him an “astronomical” deal to get him to leave Turner Sports, Barkley gave Patrick a bunch of information about his whereabouts with TNT and LIV.
- Barkley dined with LIV Golf President Greg Norman last week, but LIV Barkley has not made a formal bid.
- Turner has not reached out or spoken to Barkley about his future. “They were very calm,” Barclay said.
- Barclay told Patrick that he earns about $20 million a year between Turner and sponsorship. If LIV offered $60 million annually, Barclay would take LIV’s bid.
- Barkley said he’s given enough publicity to LIV for this week. If LIV doesn’t make an offer by Thursday night, he’s finished joining LIV. “I’m not going to keep TNT in limbo,” Barkley said.
And while Barkley’s comments are the news here, I need to say one thing: Dan Patrick is a phenomenal interviewer. Barclay asked every question that should be asked.
2. The Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 28-5 on Friday, 4-1 on Saturday and 8-4 on Sunday. This adds up to 40 points for Toronto and 10 for Boston. The Red Sox is made up of a comedy of mistakes that you have to see to believe.
3. Cardinals’ player Miles Mikulas appeared in post-game interviews on Sunday wearing a cowboy hat.
This led studio analyst Al Hrabosky to refer to Ron Burgundy. However, Hrabosky dropped the name of a popular porn star instead, which led to a huge backlash from Hrabosky’s partner on air.
4. On Monday, WWE officially announced the appointments of Stephanie McMahon and Nick Kahn as their co-CEO.
Go to follow
Most importantly to WWE viewers, the company also announced that Triple H, aka Paul Levesque, “will take on all responsibilities related to WWE creativity, in addition to his regular duties.”
It would be great to see if Levesque can implement any changes he wants, considering that while Vince McMahon is leaving the company, he remains Levesque’s father-in-law.
5. I missed this last week because I don’t care about anything ESPYs-related, but Kevin Durant’s Twitter response to Peyton Manning jokes about him at ESPYs 2017 was Kevin Durant’s rant.
6. this week SI Media Podcast Features a fun conversation with the always entertaining Peter Schrager.
Topics covered include changes to Good morning football Cast, within stories from Sean McVeigh’s recent wedding, Zach Wilson’s latest turn in the spotlight, which would make current NFL players good anchors, the death of comedy in movies, Succession And much more.
You can listen to the podcast below or download it to Apple, Spotify, and Google.
You can also view files SI Media Podcast on youtube.
7. Today’s Random Video: Congratulations to Chris “Mad Dog” Russo. It was announced Monday morning that the dog will be inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame later this year. In honor of the occasion, let’s revisit this classic Mad Dog moment.
Be sure to Follow up on previous releases of Traina Thinkts and check out Sports Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jimmy Traina on appleAnd the spotify or The Google. You can also follow Jimmy on TwitterAnd the Instagram And the tik tok.